FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE (PDF DOWNLOAD)
Martín De Leon
Sr Manager, Marketing & Communications
Announcing the Rise of the Rest 8.0 Finalists
Meet the companies who will pitch to Steve Case and the Revolution team on the upcoming Rise of the Rest Road Trip,
including four Space Coast companies.
Space Coast, FL (April 2, 2019) – In just a few weeks, the Rise of the Rest Road Trip heads to Florida and Puerto Rico. The bus will be hitting the road from April 29 to May 3 to make stops in Orlando, Tampa Bay, Miami, and the Space Coast. The tour will end the week with a visit to Puerto Rico to explore innovation and entrepreneurship with Chef José Andrés. At each stop, the Rise of the Rest team will host a fireside chat, a community celebration, and a pitch competition where eight startups will compete for a $100,000 investment from Revolution’s Rise of the Rest Seed Fund.
For the pitch competitions in Orlando, Tampa Bay, Miami, and Puerto Rico, innovative startups based within a 100-mile radius of a tour stop were invited to apply. The pitch competition in the Space Coast will feature startups from the Space Coast region and other rising cities whose core focus relates to space, drone, aviation technologies, or adjacent focus areas.
The Rise of the Rest investment team has been reviewing hundreds of applications to pitch Steve Case on the upcoming tour. And today, the finalists who will be pitching at each location were announced.
The following companies will pitch to Steve Case and the Revolution Team on April 30, 2019 at 4:00 p.m. at Groundswell Startups, 2412 Irwin St, Melbourne, FL 32901.
Space Coast, FL | April 30
1. Atomos | HQ: Denver, CO | About: Atomos is building the railroad of space using high-powered electric propulsion space tugs to move satellites to any orbit beyond low Earth orbit.
2. BoMax Hydrogen, LLC | HQ: Space Coast, FL | About: BoMax Hydrogen, LLC develops a patented carbon free light-driven method to make large quantities of pure hydrogen to produce electricity.
3. Helicon Chemical Company | HQ: Space Coast, FL | About: Helicon Chemical Company develops and manufactures next-generation rocket fuel for the military and commercial space industries.
4. Hermeus | HQ: Atlanta, GA | About: Hermeus engineers and manufactures Mach 5 aircrafts.
5. Hydrosat | HQ: Washington, DC | About: Hydrosat brings satellite data and software tools to the agriculture industry.
6. Indemnis| HQ: Anchorage, AK | About: Indemnis develops and manufactures parachute recovery systems for drones.
7. Reaction Dynamics| HQ: Space Coast, FL | About: Reaction Dynamics manufactures space transportation systems for launch providers and the growing small satellite market.
8. Tomahawk Robotics | HQ: Space Coast, FL | About: Tomahawk Robotics provides hardware agnostic control software for enterprises who want to employ robotics to address the dull, dirty, and dangerous.
“Congratulations to all the companies selected for this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity,” said Lynda Weatherman, President and CEO of the Economic Development Commission of Florida’s Space Coast. “I’m thrilled to see four local companies as finalists and know they will showcase the strength of the Space Coast’s startup ecosystem and the amazing minds and innovation that exist here.”
For more information, and to register for the April 30th pitch competition and fireside chat with Steve Case, visit www.Events.Revolution.com
A Washington, D.C.-based investment firm founded in 2005, Revolution’s mission is to help build disruptive, innovative companies that offer consumers more choice, convenience, and control in their lives. The new ROTR Fund complements the existing Revolution Growth and Revolution Ventures funds. Revolution’s funds now exceed $1.3 billion and are positioned to back startups at nearly every stage of their lifecycle. For more information, please visit: www.revolution.com or follow us on Twitter @Revolution.
About Rise of the Rest
Rise of the Rest is a nationwide effort powered by Revolution to invest in and work closely with entrepreneurs in emerging startup ecosystems. Since 2014, Steve Case and the Revolution team have logged more than 10,000 miles touring entrepreneurial communities by bus in 38 cities. In 2017, Case and JD Vance announced the $150 million Revolution Rise of the Rest Seed Fund, backed by a group of iconic entrepreneurs, executives and investors that believe the next great startup investments are located outside of coastal cities. The Fund invests catalytic capital, often alongside regional investors, to the most promising early stage investments in Rise of the Rest cities. Through our bus tours and summits, we look to create a more connected community of entrepreneurs and investors in cities outside of Silicon Valley. For more information, please visit: www.revolution.com/rotr or follow us on Twitter @RiseOfRest.
About the Economic Development Commission of Florida’s Space Coast
The Economic Development Commission of Florida’s Space Coast (EDC) is dedicated to attracting new business and investment and expanding existing industry throughout the Space Coast, influencing change on government laws and regulations affecting economic development, promoting the Space Coast to encourage new investment, supporting efforts of Space Coast military installations, and relaying new programs and procedures to assist manufacturing and high-tech companies. The EDC is a private, not-for-profit coalition whose stakeholders are business leaders committed to the economic growth and stability of Florida’s Space Coast. Visit www.SpaceCoastEDC.org
|Neon CRM by Neon One|